The first screen (or tab) that you observe while launching a browser is the “homepage.” You may even refer to it as the start page of your browser. As per your preference, you may set it to anything you like. It could be a blank window, a search engine, or a blog.
To save time, you should set your favorite website on the Internet as your homepage. Fret not; it is very easy to set the homepage to your favorite site. We will walk you through the steps to do it for three different browsers (Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome).
Note: The same set of steps apply to all other web browsers available.
How to Set The Homepage To Your Favorite Website On Google Chrome
To set your favorite webpage as your homepage on Google Chrome, follow the steps below:
- Launch Google Chrome and find the control/customization icon ( ) at the top-right corner of the window.
- Click on it and head to the “Settings” option.
- Once you’re in, scroll down to find the “On Startup” section as shown in the image above. Simply click on “Open a specific page or set of pages” and then add a new page. Type in the URL of your favorite website when asked, and it is done.
You can refer the video below for a better understanding of how to change the homepage on Google Chrome.
How To Set The Homepage To Your Favorite Website On Mozilla Firefox
To set your favorite website as your homepage on Firefox, follow the steps below:
- Click on the hamburger menu icon at the top-right corner of the browser.
- Now, click on “Preferences.” You will be greeted with a new window where you can observe an option to type in a custom “Homepage” as shown in the image above. You just need to type in the URL and close the tab to make it the Homepage. That’s it!
How To Set The Homepage To Your Favorite Website On Microsoft Edge
To set a custom homepage on Microsoft Edge, follow the steps below:
- Look for the menu icon ( ) at the top-right corner of Microsoft Edge and click on it.
- Now find the “Settings” option and click on it.
- At the first section of the settings menu, you will find an option “Open Microsoft Edge with” as shown in the image above. Just click on it and set it to “A specific page or pages.” When you do that, you will be asked the URL of the web page you want to set as the homepage. Type in the domain name or the full URL (with HTTP/HTTPS), it is all the same. You’re done!
- Close the browser and re-launch it to find your favorite website as the homepage of your web browser.
As you must have observed, be it Google Chrome or Firefox, it’s almost the same way. So, even if you encounter a web browser with a very different user interface, remember where to look the options for. It should always reside in “Settings” / “Preferences.”
Having trouble following the steps we mentioned? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.